The Order Summary will display when there are remaining unbump items (Not start and Cooking status) on the individual kitchen screen. This feature can be view by clicking the Order Summary icon as shown below.
In case there are more than one Kitchen displays with the items sent to a different kitchen screen, the Order Summary may show different result. When users click at the Order Summary icon the popup will appear as shown below.
How it works
- Each order item has a total quantity for each order type. The last column is the total quantity.
- The order item on the first column shows a unique item and modifier. If there is the same item name, but it has a different modifier the KDS will display it separately.
- The first submitted item will display on the top row until users bump all item quantity in every order type.
- Kitchen staff and Food runner or Bus boy can take advantage of this feature to observe and follow up the large quantity items to prepare the dish or delivery container to serve customers.
- The kitchen helper and chef can be aware of the item quantity. They can prepare the proper amount of material to meet the order demand.
This feature can save kitchen time to summarize the total item quantity in all submitted order tickets.